-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Beware Pokemon users
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 00:40:18 +0100
From: Rod Bera <r...@goarem.org>
To: Andy Mabbett <a...@pigsonthewing.org.uk>

Hi Andy,

I get what you mean,

and I acknowledge that though I consider OSM should be put first this is
not the case for everyone, and this is fine.

But here things are going one step further: it's about deliberately
putting non-existing features and/or mis-tagging features, which amounts
to vandalism.
A new kind of vandalism, as we could be overwhelmed by the number of
"users" doing it in various places for a coinciding purpose.
To me this is quite new.

I hope this won't happen.

And I won't comment your appreciation over "geographical practices".
Every one is welcome to practice geography their own way...
As long as we are talking about geography, i.e. depicting what is
(really is, not what Pokemon hunter wish were) on or around the surface
of Earth.

Regards,

Rod

--
Rod Béra,  MCF Géomatique                /   Lecturer, Geomatics
           et SIG pour l'Environnement  /    and Environmental GIS