Thank you. Great tool! It makes an inconsistency visible to people to make a final decision.

It is probably like in chess. It is not a man alone, neither a supercomputer, but a team of strong human players with usual computers who win no-holds-barred championship.

On 04.01.2017 13:22, Imre Samu wrote:
>.. this coordinates correction ... Before this correction it had wrong coordinates placing it erroneously on absolutely another mountain. ...

As I see there is a tool for detect distance differences :

    *OpenStreetMap - Wikidata Validator*
    Each circle is an OpenStreetMap feature with a Wikidata tag.
    Circle size and color are based on the distance in kilometers
    between OpenStreetMap feature and Wikidata coordinates.
    Large red circles mean the distance is greater than 10 kilometers,
    which indicates a higher error rate.

map: https://osmlab.github.io/wikidata-osm
code: https://github.com/osmlab/wikidata-osm ( first commit: Nov 25, 2016 )
issues: https://github.com/osmlab/wikidata-osm/issues

    Certainly a tool to check and correct obviously broken or
    duplicate wikipedia=*, wikimedia_commons=*, wikidata=* links from
    the OSM map would be very useful.

    However, I've met inconsistencies which could be noticed only by a
    knowledgeable human on the ground. For example, this coordinates
    correction

<https://fr.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Chapelle_Notre-Dame-des-Voirons_de_Bo%C3%ABge&diff=121789421&oldid=121556970>
    for the chapel Chapelle Notre-Dame-des-Voirons de Boëge

<https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chapelle_Notre-Dame-des-Voirons_de_Bo%C3%ABge>
    . Before this correction it had wrong coordinates placing it
    erroneously on absolutely another mountain. I could correct it
    reliably only after actually visiting this chapel for making some
    photos for its article.

    The comprehensive solution would be to have a dedicated Wikipedia
    layer on the OpenStreetMap. Now we have Standard, Cycle,
    Transport, and Humanitarian layers. Why not Wikipedia layer
    similar to this

<http://ausleuchtung.ch/geo_wiki/?lat=46.18824490036672&lng=6.177406311035156&zm=14&lang=en&ds=wiki&rd=10>
    , so that a user can select Wikipedia language and see the
    geo-markers corresponding to Wikipedia articles on the map. Or see
    clickable geo-markers corresponding to wikipedia=*,
    wikimedia_commons=*, wikidata=* tags.

    This tool is using MediaWIki API and Overpass API, but for the OSM
    Wikipedia layer the data could be pre-calculated and synchronized
    periodically in order not to overload the APIs.

    In fact, I am using the OSM map mostly with Wikipedia markers. For
    example, I was recently on a short holiday trip to Stockholm and
    the first thing I do I look what Wikipedia articles exist for the
    city

<http://ausleuchtung.ch/geo_wiki/?lat=59.324472209890146&lng=18.0710506439209&zm=16&lang=en&ds=wiki&rd=10>
    to select places to visit and to read about. So in my opinion,
    such a Wikipedia layer would be kind of synergy, - the creation of
    a whole that is greater than the simple sum of its parts.

    Best regards,
    Oleksiy