On 2017-02-18 12:37, Tomas Straupis wrote:
Another interesting example are polygons like this:
  http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/400182030

  Polygon geometry is fine here, but it has one pointless node close
to one of the nodes. Pointless because it does not influence the final
geometry of the polygon.
  And if you look around there are a lot of such buildings with
pointless nodes. I would say almost every building has them...

I suppose they have the same origin as the nodes outside the main building causing the intersecting buildings that we fix in this maproulette: a click to many and there is another node.

Maarten