Hi,

On 04.08.2017 12:48, Simon Poole wrote:
>> Geofabrik for example offers a product called "OpenStreetMap Data in
>> Layered GIS Format" [1] - that is certainly a nominative use but at the
>> same time also "sell(ing) stuff with OSM’s brand on it" as per section
>> 3.4.

> Yes, but that isn't a conflict. IMHO GeoFabrik simply needs permission
> to use the mark that way (and a further licence for "creating and using
> extremely unwieldy product names that just cause trouble" :-)).

I've always thought that using this name would the honest approach,
rather than selling a product called "Geofabrik's cool Geodata"
something or other, where the fact that it's 100% processed OSM is
somewhere in the small print.

> A personal note: one of my pet peeves are the awful unimaginative,
> uncreative and descriptive product and service names used in OSM-space,

I don't see why I should call something that simply is an OSM WMS by a
creative name that requires everyone to follow an extra indirection to
understand what it is.

Bye
Frederik