On Tuesday 29 August 2017, Jochen Topf wrote:

> When the old-style-mp support was disabled on the main map, this left
> about 50,000 broken multipolygons, in many cases clearly visible on
> the map. I didn't see a single complaint about this. So, no, I don't
> think being a bit more strict with broken MPs will be a problem with
> the map or would be a reason to delay deployment of a new osm2pgsql
> version. 10,000 intersection problems in 300 million polygons is a
> rounding error.

I don't really want to repeat the discussion we had in

https://github.com/openstreetmap/osm2pgsql/pull/684

My original idea stands: It would be good to have an idea how far the
visual impact of dropping broken geometries has been reduced and if it
has reduced a lot it would make sense to actually remove them in the
standard map relatively fast before the numbers increase again.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/