On Wednesday 20 September 2017, Eugene Alvin Villar wrote:

> This is most certainly a wrong modeling in Wikidata. While we can
> just have one well-written and comprehensive Wikipedia article about
> the country/archipelago, in Wikidata, one item should correspond to
> one concept.

Maybe - but even if that is the case the wikidata concept of a country
or archipelago is not necessarily the same as in OSM.  For countries
and archipelagos this might sound strange (an archipelago is an
archipelago, right?) but as you surely know the meaning of tags in OSM
can be quite peculiar in the way it develops over time based on mapping
needs and it would be quite insane if wikidata copied all these
peculiarities in their classification system.

I don't know a lot about wikidata but as far as i can see every
wikipedia article links to exactly one wikidata item and there are many
geographic wikipedia articles that describe several different concepts
together for which separate OSM features exist.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/