> On 27 September 2017 at 16:00, Christoph Hormann <o...@imagico.de> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 27 September 2017, Frederik Ramm wrote:
>   means that by
> >> extension I also have to welcome "amenity:wikidata=Q123456" on
> >> something that is, say, an ice cream parlour because Q123456 is the
> >> generic Wikidata category for ice cream parlours, then I think I'd
> >> rather not have any Wikidata links in OSM at all.
> >
> > I am inclined to concur.
>
> So that's at least three of you tilting at the same windmill.

3+1
to say _what_ something is, we should not need wikidata, we should use our
tags and improve our system if it is not sufficient to distinguish what we
want to distinguish. I'm fine with linking osm objects to wikidata items,
where the item is an instance of something (is representing a particular
thing that is the same or very close to thing of the thing in OSM).

Cheers,
Martin