On 3 October 2017 at 11:02, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:

>    seeing that the matter is discussed quite intensively and opinions
> vary widely, could we perhaps agree to pause any (large scale) wikidata
> edits for a while until more members of our community have had a chance
> to form an opinion?

Members of the the community have had chance to form an opinion on the
use of Wikidata for (at least) over four years:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Wikidata was
created in February 2013

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Wikidata was created in August 2103.

There have been numerous mailing list discussions in the interim, as
well as presentations at SotM and at other OSM events. Both ID and
JOSM have Wikidata functionality.

> OpenStreetMap is not, and never has been, in a hurry. Let us take the
> time to find out which level of wikidata integration we would like to
> see, and reach a consensus on this.

It seems to me that such consensus was reached a long while ago, and
that only you and a couple of other people refuse to accept this.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing