Joseph, we are mixing multiple issues: interface and the actual tasks.
Sophox interface is very similar to MapRoulette and Osmose in terms of
viewing issues.  You see issues everywhere on the planet, and you are
invited to edit them anywhere you like.

The "pick from choices" approach is also not new.  Tools like
osm.wikidata.link offer users a selection of choices, and allows to pick
the right match. Sophox goes a step beyond that, allowing disputed tasks to
have votes in addition to editing directly.

To demo the tool, I wrote a few tasks based on JOSM validations and
deprecation list.  But they can be anything, suggested by anyone in the
community. This is again similar to MapRoulette, where anyone can create a
challenge, and that challenge is not restricted to a location.

If you disagree that these specific challenges should exist - sure, that
would be a valid argument.  As long as we don't single out a specific tool,
but rather say "challenges such as X should not exist in any of the tools.
Challenges such as Y are ok."