Hi,

I can see this being really useful, thanks Edward!

Echoing what Joost said, it would be great to be able to see more
information on the community, and also possibly to see more than one result
e.g. if I search a city, it could be useful to see the mailing list for
that location plus the country / regional one?

On the Missing Maps website we tried to do something similar to make it
easier for people who want to run mapathons to connect with other local
volunteers who might be keen to support them and grow the local community
further - http://www.missingmaps.org/host/#helper-map-contents (you can
sign up at the link if you're keen to join).

Thanks,

Rebecca

On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 2:18 PM, joost schouppe <joost.schou...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> That's really cool. What would it take to merge more sources in there? For
> example the main community e-mail address, their activities calendar, their
> riot/telegram/slack group? Maybe a structured wiki page could be the source?

>> On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 2:38 PM, Edward Betts <edw...@4angle.com> wrote:
>> > I've made a tool with an API for finding local OSM mailing lists.
>> >
>> > https://local.openstreetmap.directory/
>>
>> Nice service!
>>
>> If possible, maybe it could display all the lists that could be
>> possibly related with the place?
>> With your Oxford example, it could also suggest Talk-GB as a more general
>> list.
>>
>> Maybe display from the most specific to the more general list?

> --
> Joost Schouppe
> OpenStreetMap <http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/joost%20schouppe/> |
> Twitter <https://twitter.com/joostjakob> | LinkedIn