On 2/22/2018 8:03 PM, James Mast wrote:

(ignore what the article is about)

Just happen to see a thumbnail and clicked on the article since I noticed the OSM base map.  Nowhere that I can find does it give credit to OSM for the use of it.

Now, the part to where I was curious if this was legal (sans the lack of credit), is that they are 'selling' the uploaded image.  Is that allowed currently under the license that OSM has?

Yes. They need to either be attributing OSM, or if the image is taken from an osm.org render, attributing OSM and licensing it CC BY-SA.

A key feature of open licenses is that they do not discriminate by field of use, which includes commercial use. Someone who purchased the image can either reuse the underlying data under the ODbL, or, in the case of a CC BY-SA image, also reuse the image.