On 18-03-05 13:00:10, Richard wrote:
On Mon, Mar 05, 2018 at 11:10:40AM +0100, Tom Pfeifer wrote:

Besides the verifiability problem, such tagging would discriminate one
demographic group against another, and increase the cultural bias in OSM.

where does such political correctness end? Consider that mapping
brothels, landfills, busy roads and many other features will allow
someone to draw conclusions about the socioeconomic status of the
Area. Most of the time you can deduce income status purely by
the geometry of houses and roads.

Richard

Surely then that is enough and we shouldn't need to flag 'dangerous' areas?

I think if you were to do something like this you would have to underpin it with crime stats or something.

As a semi-off-topic aside - this was actually the subject of an episode of 'The Good Wife'...!