Check out the Seattle to West Seattle water taxi.
https://www.openstreetmap.org/query?lat=47.60118&lon=-122.33881

I believed it is mapped correctly. Basically map as any ferry route with a
amenity=ferry_terminal at both ends. Connect the ferry route to a
highway=footway, since a water taxi is usually just passengers. If bikes
are allowed, tag as appropriate.

Clifford

On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 3:53 PM Martyn Evans <i...@dynoyo.plus.com> wrote:

> Yesterday, during a mapping party following the OSM UK AGM,  a group of
> us encountered a Water Taxi stop apparently operated by
> https://www.manchesterwatertaxis.com
> This part of the service is relatively new, and runs a consistent
> timetable rather than a dial-a ride service.
> How should a stopping point on this service be tagged?
>
> cheers, Martyn (sobbomapper)

@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us
OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch