My view is probably along the lines of as OSM matures using more
standardized tags will make it easier to extract meaningful data from OSM
mapping.

Having said that we still need the flexibility to use new tags.

That Building=building should be replaced by building=yes is fairly obvious
some other tag replacements may not be.

Cheerio John