As far as I understood the new icon for the amenity=bureau_de_change tag will
be the one seen on this page:
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/pull/3301
It is an icon with the symbols of the US dollar and Euro.
(there is still no icon at the wiki page:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dbureau_de_change )
I suggest instead of an icon with the symbols of the US dollar and the Euro to
use a generic icon. For example, similar to this one:
https://thenounproject.com/term/currency-exchange/29456/
There are 180 currencies recognized as legal tender in the world [1]. I have
nothing against USD and EUR, but why not to use a straightforward
comprehensible generic icon, which covers all existing and future circulating
currencies?
[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_circulating_currencies
Best regards,
Oleksiy