Let us just recap.  Open Location Code can be used in OSMand today for
anything in Openstreetmap.

It both shows the OLC code and can search for the OLC code so to my mind
OLC is already available in OpenStreetMap and can be used operationally
today.  There is no need to add additional tags to the database.

If additional tags are added how do we know the data is correct?  How can
we be sure a transcription error has not occurred.

Purely from a data quality point of view I would recommend the data is not
duplicated.

I understand that in Tanzania a lot of work has been done to add them.
Fine they didn't understand the issues nor did they talk to anyone first.
The issue here is education nothing else.

I would suggest we add it to the search options on the web site and get on
with life.

Cheerio John