On 2018-10-20 03:33, Daniel Koć wrote:
W dniu 19.10.2018 o 07:39, Maarten Deen pisze:

Does this mean that amenity=atm only gets rendered in zoom 19 and
higher? If so, why? It is now rendered from 17 onward, shops get
rendered from 18 onward.
It seems to me that atms are at least as important as shops.

Yes, you get it right. I based this solution on size principle, because
this is the only universal rule I know that helps managing the mess
which is best visible on z17 in big, well mapped cities. Here are two
real life illustrations of the problem with small amenities I gave
during long and hot discussion:

https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/pull/3372#issuecomment-423373856
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/pull/3372#issuecomment-426308795

With that argument you can delete all icons because "well mapped cities are cluttered". Maybe there needs to be done something about that, instead of not showing information everywhere. There is not even a hint that there is something now. Shops already get mapped as dots first, now atms are just invisible except at the highest zoom.
Sorry, but IMHO this is a bad change.

Maarten