Jan 7, 2019, 3:23 PM by mish...@mishari.net:

> 1. What's a fair expectation from such a mapping team?

To not make situation worse - it is unnaceptable to make much more mistakes
than unpaid hobby mappers.

Maybe they unable to fulfil this requirement and contract signed with Grab while
remaining profitable - but it is not our problem.

> On one hand there's the potential to add much geometry to the project

low quality data is worse than no data

> Sadly Bicycle routing in the Grab mapped areas in Bangkok using Brouter.de is
> now unreliable because service roads have been added without information
> about access permission or barrier and in other cases ways have been
> connected where no connection exists.

In cases where mistakes are obvious using available aerial images and made by a
paid mapper
who was warned about such mistakes in changeset comments - I would revert
immediately.

In cases where edit could not be done in a better way using aerial images - I
am unsure and consult
others.

> 2. Thailand's mapping community is small and it would be impossible for us to
> go through all 7,000 edits made and set it right. I've identified at least
> one of the issues (1-3) in roughly 1 out of 4 changesets made by Grab/Global
> Logic in my neighborhood in Central Bangkok and I would be unable to give
> feedback on any issues outside of this zone, likely the same with other
> mappers.

I would assume that data elsewhere has the same quality. If it is making map
worse I would revert
such edits.

> 2.1 Should we just ignore the errors, slowly fix the errors, or demand Grab
> fixes it somehow? Can we take lessons from any other projects, say TIGER
> imports?

Demand fixes before adding any new data and before subcontractor collects money
and runs away.

> 2.2 What would even constitute as a fix by Grab? Should we ask them to do
> something like fixme=verify_on_ground on the new entries so that it can be
> ignored by the routing until verified?

The only use of fixme=verify_on_ground is that it would make mass deletion
easier.
Data added should be correct, not marked as incorrect. And requirements for
paid mappers
should be increased not lowered.

They should simply add correct data.

>  3.1 There doesn't seem to be a way in to enforce a commitment.

If added data is known to be low quality it is OK to revert it without detailed
review.

Sometimes just mentioning that mass revert is an option is enough.