On 09/02/2019 14:14, mmd wrote:
On 2/9/19 1:58 PM, Tom Hughes wrote:
On 09/02/2019 11:47, mmd wrote:

For some strange reason, the gz file claims to be from "FAT filesystem",
and most likely osmosis can't figure out that the file contents are in
UTF-8.

They all say that - presumably it's just what the Java zlib
implementation puts in the header.

Right, I would have guessed so, too.

Once I decompress and re-compress the file on Linux, osmosis seems to be
just fine with said file:

I've recompressed the copy on the server now...

Thanks! I'm still not clear what the best way to fix this issue would
be. Probably this needs to be sorted out in osmosis somehow, though I
don't know where exactly. It's quite curious that this never happened
before.

I've seen this error before a few times. I thought the file was bad and was pulling my hair out trying to find the weird bytes (which didn't exist). The file came from osmosis merging a few osc files together. By deleting that file, osmosis would make a new one and the problem went away.