Feb 26, 2019, 2:45 PM by iknowjos...@gmail.com:

> I can see in the comments of your diary entry that you were told about HSTS
> recently. I'm not trying to be offensive, but that shows you're not a HTTPS /
> web security expert. Do you really think you're the person to be making world
> wide automatic changes to the database?

Ekhmm? Why you think that running OSM bot requires being a HTTPS / web security
expert?

Making designed search-replace scripts requires no knowledge from this fields.

> Again, are you checking https certificates? Do you know that the https site
> actually works?

Is it really useful? If http redirects to https then what is the difference
here?

> Are you checking the redirect code? Do you differentiate between temporary
> and permanent redirects?

Good question. Only permanent ones should be followed.

> Are redirects even that bad? If I was to set up some careful redirects and
> have them ignored by a bot that thinks it knows better, I may be a little
> annoyed. What about geographic redirects? > http://example.com
> <http://example.com>>  becomes > https://de.example.com
> <https://de.example.com>> , for example.

I asked about this - redirects changing anything more than changing "http" to
"https" are supposed to be skipped.

> I can see that you want to promote https adoption, but I can't see that the
> OSM database is the place to do it.

I see it as "automatically fixing outdated data that can be fixed using an
automated script".