>Imagine the openstreetmap.org home page, but without the map.

I like the https://www.openstreetmap.fr/  and https://www.openstreetmap.de/
landing page.
I would like more focus - on [community + software tools + data ]
 ( but the map is also important!   Please don't remove! :)  )

imho: we need to answer the "Why OpenStreetMap?" question on the landing
page.
And the answer is so different for
- hiking, railway, tourism, local patriotism, disabled people, humanitarian
osm,  open data lovers.

We need to answer the
- "How you can start?"
- "The results?"