On 20/04/19 17:24, Jochen Topf wrote:
On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 10:02:48PM +0200, Michael Reichert wrote:
there is currently a voting on a Deletion Policy [1] for the OSM wiki.
The policy was drafted because we had two incidents last year when
someone tried to delete a large number of old and orphaned tagging
proposals in draft state. He claimed that these pages might confuse
users looking for a tag.

He is not totally wrong with that. These pages can be confusing but
there are reasons why other users (including me) claim that most
proposals should be kept.
I just realized that in my other reply to this post I didn't address the
question you started with, namely whether tagging proposals are worth
keeping.

I still think that we should not be overly cautious. We should delete
things when in doubt.

No. Delete the page when it is certain that the deletion will assist e.g. if
the page has a better page that performs the task.

Out dated pages should have a link to the latest or at least a later page.
Where there is no further activity and no link pages in OSM on the subject it
should be kept.