Good morning,

As an aside, I've heard at a conference that the amount of data in the OpenStreetMap database per capita in a country is proportional to the per capita income [1] of the country.

I wonder if there is an inverse relationship. For example, if we take a country and map it exhaustively and extremely well, increasing by this the amount of the OSM data for it. Will it increase the per capita income?

I cannot be sure, but in principle in could, as a good readily available map favors economic activity. And if it were the case, the OSM mapping could be taught to millions of pupils and students as part of curriculum.

Best regards,
Oleksiy (Alex-7 @ OSM)

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Per_capita_income