On 17/8/19 19:22, John Whelan wrote:
> Apparently some Fire brigades ask people who are lost on moors etc to
> download What3words then tell them their location.
>
> Isn't there a simpler way?  Perhaps to get a text message sent with the
> long and lat?

Geographic coordinates may be the logical way, not precisely the most
user-friendly, I think. For example, in an emergency response, it's easy
to tell a paramedic by radio three words than a series of numbers...

I was actually thinking if this kind of directions may be useful for
mapping to, or routing services with OSM, like places where there are no
street names or proper directions.