Am 08.11.2019 um 13:19 schrieb marc marc:
> Hello,
>
> Simon Poole :
>> The issue with addresses is definitely not due to a lack of tools
>> for OSM contributors. For example
>> https://regio-osm.de/hausnummerauswertung/anzeige_dynamisch.html?land=Schweiz&lon=8.71423&lat=47.05777&zoom=8&layers=B0000
> lack of tools not only mean "no tool exist",
> it also means "tool not found for the contributor"
>
> how can the new contributor wishing to add an address find this tool?
> there's no way he'll find it. it's an advanced tool for the 1%
> of the most motivated contributors of for newbie at a mapping party.
> the other clicks on edit or note. it is osm.org's ergonomics it-self
> and/or the greeting message during registration that must be improved
> so that the new contributor can find the tool best suited to his
> contribution

That doesn't make the slightest difference, because the only people
adding addresses in any meaningful way are those 1% of contributors.

Just imagine that we increase the number of new OSM contributors by an
order of magnitude, to ~2'000'000 per year, and just as magically we get
them to make the single edit they typically make to be adding an
address, instead of whatever they actually wanted to do. Even then, in
the as good as it gets fantasy scenario, it would only be 20% of the
current run rate. And that in turn is probably an order of magnitude or
so too low for Steve (aka 50 years or so to "complete" world wide coverage).

Simon