Hi all

I'd like to let you know about a recent and good opendata improvement in
France regarding power networks we use to map in OSM.
Two biggest distribution grid operators in metropolitan France, Enedis and
Geredis, had released under Open License both overhead and underground
network maps

You may browse them here
https://www.enedis.fr/cartographie-des-reseaux-denedis
http://www.geredis.fr/open-data

I've been involved in this seek of open data for years and found key
insiders that understood the benefits of opening their datasets. Until now,
community had pushed approx 800k poles and dozen of thousand km of overhead
lines to convince operators it makes sense to check GIS against ground data
and make it freely available.
As a result, 800k distribution substations are now processed by osmose to
enable anyone to integrate them directly on appropriate buildings

It's not the first time such efforts are made. Power substations imports
has been seen in Poland recently and maybe in other countries which is good
news.

This complete the already available overhead/underground French
transmission grid map released by RTE in early 2017
https://opendata.reseaux-energies.fr/explore/dataset/lignes-souterraines-rte/map/?disjunctive.etat&disjunctive.tension&location=15,43.31032,5.38377&basemap=f91575

Finally, there is still approximately 100 DSO companies remaining to
convince to join this effort. They cover less than 5% of metropolitan land
(for ~200k subscribers) to reach 100% of existing networks.

All the best

François