I see a linguistic problem … and people.

On 07/02/2020 05:27, Mateusz Konieczny via talk wrote:
OSM is not mapping world as it should be,
it is mapping it as it exists.

Russia has successfully invaded Crimea and considers it part of Russia.

but there still are Ukrainians living there, I suppose.  people who speak a marginally different language with a couple of differences in the alphabet.  (according to them, a completely different language.)

so one thing is the border, one other thing is toponyms.

a much more serious example of this is the Golan Heights.  try to find a name in the area which shows there's Syrians living there!

which way does OSM manage to show impartiality?  or make a serious attempt at it?

MF