On 2020-02-13 12:59, Florian Lohoff wrote:
On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 04:57:40PM +0100, Midgard wrote:
Hi,

Someone created a mashup[1] between the logos of OpenStreetMap and Antifa, a collective of militant groups which are known to use violence. This graphic is distributed on stickers.[2]

Just nitpicking but "militant groups" is a little far fetched. Antifa is
the abbreviation for "Anti fascist" and by no means has anything to do
with militant activities.

Putting the Antifa into the militant left wing edge is polemic of a lot
of right wing, facist or nationalist partys in the rise in a lot of
European countries.

With the risk of starting a political discussion, but you are grossly understating the actions of the various antifa groups.
They are generally seen as militant left wing groups.

From wikipedia (if that is an authority) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifa_%28Germany%29#Government_and_police_monitoring_of_Antifa

The Federal Agency for Civic Education notes that Antifa groups sometimes call for violence not only against police or skinheads but also against bishops and judges. There are slogans like "antifascism means attack", not only against the far right but also against the political system of the Federal Republic of Germany

Especially the last portion makes me shun away from antifa as much as I do from fascism.

Regards,
Maarten