Hi,

On 12.06.20 15:22, Dave F via talk wrote:
> There is a lot of negativity about large changsets, but assessment of
> them should be based on quality, not quantity.

Yes, we're not discussing a popup that says "You dumbass, why did you
create a world-spanning changeset?" ;)

The way in which editors deal with that would likely differ; in JOSM it
might be a popup that says "are you sure?" and in ID it might be a
floating warning somewhere.

Your example of a world-wide spelling fix as an acceptable edit does not
agree with me; these edits often have unwanted side effects. See
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org ("if someone has described a 'horse' as a
'kow' correcting the spelling to 'cow' does not make the description
correct").

OSM is a project of local knowlege. World-spanning changesets compatible
with that idea are not impossible but rare; and erroneous or even
rule-violating changesets are much more frequent among world-spanning
changesets than among everyday small bbox changesets.

Bye
Frederik