Hello,

first of all I'm glad to read that the board addresses the sudden
funding hole for iD, and does in addition care about the critique around iD.

I would like to self-nominate for the software dispute resolution panel.

For my understanding of the task please (re-)read
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2020-June/006909.html
tl;dr: There is no silver bullet, hence no team of experts is going to
find one. Conflict resolution is painful work for all involved, but it
also likely to yield insight and an improved software. I see a panel's
member's job in encouraging the involved people to keep walking through
the resolution process.

I also promise resp. reserve the right to share or paraphrase (for the
purpse of removing personal issues) all communications regarding the
nomination process. There have been concerns about whether the
nomination process is balanced and being open is the best way to address
them. On a personal note: I have no doubts it is, and the artifacts we
currenty encounter are consistent with a board intensely keeping many
trains in their rails in parallel.

Regarding potential CoI:
- I develop the Overpass API but it is intentionally tag agnostic.
- I do not plan to put the Overpass API under the panel regime.
Thus, I do not expect any CoI from my contributions as developer to
OpenStreetMap.

Best regards,
Roland