On 10/26/20 22:56, Bryce Cogswell via talk wrote:
> I agree it’s a little counterintuitive for experienced users but I
> understand the rationale: If you’re splitting a building (closed way)
> how is the result valid unless it’s converted to a multipolygon?

JOSM has no issue splitting a closed way into two separate closed ways.
It's entirely possible the user wants to have two separate buildings
(happens frequently when MapWithAI/RapID mistakenly decides that two or
three (or more) closely packed buildings are one big building).

--
Shawn K. Quinn <skqu...@rushpost.com>
http://www.rantroulette.com