Dear Steve, thank you for reminding me there's something called ESRI.

they approached the Telegram group in March last year:

https://t.me/Comunidad_OSM_Panama/1641 <tg://resolve?domain=Comunidad_OSM_Panama&post=1641>

we were invited to a meeting, and I was able to accept the invitation.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/ES:Panam%C3%A1/Reuni%C3%B3n_2019-03-21

this was in preparation of an ESRI event celebrating the 500 years of the city of Panama.  I had always assumed the event never took place.  and I now guess it was this GisDay.  was it around November13th 2019?  please notice how downplayed the role of YMUP.

the activity in Guna Nega do seem to follow step 1 in my recommendations, and it disregards all subsequent steps, in particular the last one.

needless to say, I never received feedback, nor acknowledgement for the input I provided during the meeting.

oh well.

Mario