G'day,

Yes to contacting the Ozies on au-talk.

In general I'd be careful on changing the 'old' data as some of it maybe better than the departments data, needs a judgement call. I'd think adding to it is fine - reference numbers that are missing, that kind of thing.

Adding new stops should be fine - assuming that the data is reasonable location and quality wise.

Best .. talk to the locals, enter a few examples, say 20, of the new data and state some of the conflicting stops differences between OSM and the departments data - say 10? This would give a small sample demonstration of what is intended and is easier to correct than 27,000 of them.