At first glance this seems a good idea but based on my experience as a HOT
validator you have to be careful.

Has the mapper changed their practices already?  Getting fifty emails
telling someone they used upper case two years ago might just put them off
mapping.

A better solution would be overpass the database for these sort of edits
done in the previous seven days.  Then flip one automated email noting the
accepted practice is XYZ but a bot will correct their edits.  If you can
grab the language of the mapper that might help here.

Cheerio John