ADIÓS, GIFTED PIANIST MAESTRO OCTAVIO BRUNETTI, R.I.P. 1975-2014

"Siempre supe que me iba a dedicar a la música porque siento un amor
muy grande por lo que hago." Octavio Brunetti. Translated: " I always
knew that I will be dedicated to music for I feel the greatest love
when I do it."

On Sunday, August 31st at Saint Peter's Church, Octavio's family,
Lucia Lafortiva, Luis Brunetti, Laura Brunetti, colleagues, friends
and members of the tango community gathered in prayer to say good-bye
to the gifted pianist Maestro Octavio Brunetti.

During the service, words of admiration, love, friendship, loss,
passion, gratitude poured through the sermon of Padre Fabian Arias
about the great artist, Maestro Octavio Brunetti, as he reminded us
that "la muerte no tiene la última palabra" translated as "death does
not have the last word. With death, our relationship with our loved
ones, does not end. It simply changes."

As the pianist Maurizio Najt said, in Argentina, when a person dies,
they say "anda por una gira," meaning "he is on a tour." A very long
standing ovation was followed, when Guillermo Vaisman respectfully
said,  "Octavio, seguro que estás en el cielo tocando con Troilo y
Pugliese." Translated, "Octavio, I am sure you are in heaven playing
with Troilo y Pugliese."  ¡BRAVO, OCTAVIO!

Music filled the air of the church with tears of love, as pianist
Laura Brunetti, gave a powerful homage to her brother with 1ere
Arabesque de Claude Debussy. In addition, the musicians, Guillermo
Vaisman, Rodolfo Marcelo Zanetti-Via, Adam Tully, Sergio R. Reyes,
Emilio Teubal, Pedro Giraudo, Hector Del Curto , Francisco Pancho
Navarro - Guitarist , brought stronger emotions in the crowd, as they
performed for their friend and colleague, Octavio, "Kilometro 11,"
"¡Ave María!" "Milonga del Angel" and concluding with Marcela Marco in
"Zamba del Laurel."

 As Los Chantas, "his untimely passing, with so many notes left
unplayed." In memory of Octavio, let us support the musicians wherever
they play.

Hasta siempre, Maestro Octavio Brunetti, descansa en paz.
Angela Maria