Just trying to ascertain whether Barbara is inferring that close embrace
Tango style originated around 93-94 with Tete. I do have several photos
from around 1900 which clearly shows the man's right arm totally around
the woman as could only be achieved with close embrace.

Anton

"As for the origins of close embrace, Tete was, as far as I know, one of
the first
to teach the style, in 1993 or 4, under the auspices of Susana Miller.
In 1994
Daniel Trenner told me all about him, her and milonguero style as the
only true
form of social tango. He then began to propagate this myth at Stanford
Tango Week."