This rant is not new.  This justification is not new.
 Here is my question:  Who decides if you are "messing
with the other dancers or the line of dance"? It isn't
just physical contact that is bothersome.  The whole
rhythm of the pista can be thrown off by very slow
volcadas or high boleos.  I can always tell when there
is a thoughtless dancer behind me because my partner's
musicality is thrown off trying to protect me from
abrupt stops or backsteps or leader boleos.  And yet
TL is completely oblivious to what is going on behind
him.