Adam,

Heh, figured it out about 2 minutes after my post, but thanks for the other
tips :)

-- Izak

On 2/14/06, Adam Zimowski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Hi Izak. Yes, you can do this pretty easily. I output my validator
> messages with <i> tags. You bind your validators as normal:
>
>         <component id="zipCode" type="TextField">
>                 <binding name="value" value="value"/>
>                 <binding name="validators"
>
>                         
> value="validators:required,pattern=\d{5},$zipCodeValidator"/>
>                 <binding name="displayName" value="literal:Zip Code"/>
>         </component>
>
> Then, page specifications you bind delegate to the form:
>
>         <component id="regForm" type="Form">
>                 <binding name="listener" value="listener:onSubmit"/>
>                 <binding name="delegate" value="beans.delegate"/>
>                 <binding name="clientValidationEnabled" value="false"/>
>         </component>
>
> and finally in the same page spec you define your error(s):
>
>         <component id="error1" type="Delegator">
>                 <binding name="delegate"
> value="beans.delegate.currentFieldTracking.errorRenderer"/>
>         </component>
>         <component id="isInError1" type="If">
>                 <binding name="condition"
> value="beans.delegate.currentFieldTracking.inError"/>
>         </component>
>
> Then, in my HTML template I display the error right below the field:
>
>   <span jwcid="question6">
>    <!-- preview -->
>    Zip Code: <p/>
>    <input type="text"/>
>    <!-- preview -->
>   </span>
>   <span jwcid="isInError6">
>    <br/><i><span jwcid="error6">Error: Zip Code</span></i>
>   </span>
>
> Of course, this is one of many ways it can be done. Often people
> display only first error, or all of them at once, or as I did here,
> next to the offending field.
>
> Hope it helps
>
> -adam
>
> On 2/13/06, Izak Wessels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I have recently implemented validators on one of my pages, and it works
> > great. Only problem I am having
> > is that it prints out the error message in black, which doesn't really
> draw
> > the attention to the user as much
> > as I want it to.
> >
> > 1.    <component id="QuotedPrice" type="TextField">
> > 2.        <binding name="value" value="QuotedPrice"/>
> > 3.        <binding name="translator"
> value="translator:number,pattern=#.#"/>
> > 4.        <binding name="validators" value="validators:required[You must
> > enter {0}!],min=1"/>
> > 5.        <binding name="displayName" value="literal:Quoted
> > Price"/>
> > 6.    </component>
> >
> >
> > Anybody know if I might embed a kind of CSS or even an HTML <font
> > colour=red> inside line 4?
> > I have tried :
> >
> > <binding name="validators" value="validators:required[<font
> color=red>You
> > must enter {0}!]</font>,min=1"/>
> >
> > but it didn't like it.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > -- Izak
> >
> >
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>

Reply via email to