I did this:

<component id="emailLink" type="GenericLink">
 <binding name="href" value="'mailto:' + email + '?subject=foo"/>
</component>

Where email is a property.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Izak Wessels" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tapestry users" <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 1:38 PM
Subject: Creating a mailto: link on a Contrib:Table column


Hello All,

I currently have a contrib:table spesified as follows :

<component id="agentAllocatedNonExpiredBuyersTable" type="contrib:Table">
       <binding name="source" value="agentAllocatedNonExpiredBuyers"/>
       <binding name="columns" value="literal:id,
       buyerCompanyName:Company:buyerCompanyName,
       buyerContactName:Contact:buyerContactName,
       buyerCountry:Country:buyerCountry,
       buyerPhone:Phone:buyerPhone,
       buyerFax:Fax:buyerFax,
       buyerEmail:E-Mail:buyerEmail"/>
       <binding name="rowsClass" value="beans.evenOdd.next"/>
       <binding name="pageSize" value="25"/>
   </component>

Ok, now what I want is that when the user clicks on the actual e-mail address
in the E-Mail column, it should automatically open the clients default mail
application.

For the actual link so far I have :

<component id="buyerEmailColumnValue" type="Block"/>

<component id="buyerEmail" type="Insert">
       <binding name="value"
value="components.agentAllocatedNonExpiredBuyersTable.tableRow.buyerEmail"/>
   </component>

My question now is, what type of link should I be using? A DirectLink component,
ActionLink, ServiceLink etc? If I use a DirectLink, should I define a
listener method
and implement that actual mailto: functionality in the Page Class?

Thanks in advance,

-- Izak

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to