Hi,

> On 05 Oct 2015, at 20:42, Aaron Falk <aaron.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Have others read this draft yet?   It is clearly aimed at addressing charter
> deliverable #1.  Do other folks have an opinion on how well it helps the
> group achieve the goals in our charter?  Should we use this document in some
> way? I'm looking for more input from the working group on how we should
> proceed.
>
> My opinion: I am very mindful (& appreciative) of the significant effort by
> Mirja and Brian and the other contributors on draft-ietf-taps-transports.

+1

>    The discussion around this doc has been very useful for clarifying (to me)
> how difficult it can be to pull useful common abstractions out of the 30+
> years of transport technologies.  Having been down this path for over a year,
> I appreciate the fairly narrow approach draft-welzl-taps-transports and think
> it may be the best chance for TAPS to succeed.
>
> Please share your views.

You say you appreciate the "fairly narrow" approach of
draft-welzl-taps-transports. This makes me wonder - maybe
draft-welzl-taps-transports should only cover a subset of the transports in
draft-ietf-taps-transports, based on what we can see in
draft-ietf-taps-transports?   (e.g. the eventual text on RTP in
draft-ietf-taps-transports will probably not be a short list of features, which
may indicate that RTP should not be included in draft-welzl-taps-transports).

Cheers,
Michael