On 10/03/2023 14:57, Brian Trammell (IETF) wrote:
hi Reese, all,

Apologies I haven’t been around on the answering-of-comments; it’s been a rough
month. Thanks, all, for getting these revs of the documents out. I’ve reviewed
the changes.

- Arch changes are good, modulo the following non-blocking comment:

I’m not convinced of the value of the glossary of terms, as it forwardrefs
basically the entire document, and some of the definitions are so generic as to
be potentially confusing (e.g. Event), so I think putting these up front
reduces the document’s approachability and readability.  I understand that some
people like these (and other standards orgs make them mandatory, hi ETSI), so I
won’t fight it.

Mea cupla on this, and I did recall your thoughts when we discussed at one of the TAPS interims. At first I didn't feel persauded, but as I tried to reset my head to someone who had never read these IDs before, I began to think this could be really valuable to give some initial context to the many terms we use across the documents. The text is identical or "thinned" versions of later text.

If this glossary is thought useful - which I now personally think it is, but others are free to comment  - I'd be really quite OK with this "glossary" starting with a sentence that says each of these terms is defined later in the document, in other words - hinting strongly don't bother with this if you know what you are reading....

- Interface changes are good.

- Implementation changes are good.

Cheers,

Brian