On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 14:17:51 +0200
Andreas Olsson <andr...@arrakis.se> wrote:

> mån 2014-03-31 klockan 12:13 +0000 skrev tarsnap:
> > Or do you mean that I can separate the restore key from the
> > keyfile and store it somewhere else for later use?
>
>   http://www.tarsnap.com/man-tarsnap-keymgmt.1.html
>
> // Andreas

Excellent! Thanks for pointing that (obvious) part out to me.
Sorry for not reading that first :-)

This means that 'exposure' is now limited to only those moments that
a restore from backup is needed, which is already much better.

'Ideal' however--to be 'truly paranoid' (TM)--, would be when it is possible to
copy/paste the restore key in the terminal at the time of
retrieving the backup.
But my original question stays: Is it possible to copy/paste the key
when needed in the terminal?

thanks