Hi Colin,

I should have had checked the mailing list id properly (replying to
tarsnap-users).

> On 12 Feb 18, at 1:28 PM, Colin Percival <cperc...@tarsnap.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Amar,
>
> Did you mean to email this to the tarsnap-users list?  It came to
> tarsnap-users-owner (aka. me, as the "owner" of the mailing list).
>
> In any event, the answer to your question is that when you restore an archive
> you get the entire contents of the archive -- the deduplication magic which
> results in tarsnap only needing to upload the "new data" is completely hidden
> from you.

So, I believe there is no way I can restore only certain files and folders?

That’s what I wanted to achieve. Say, if I lost just one folder or few files, I
wanted to see if there’s a way in the GUI to restore “only” those particular
file/folder(s) from one of the archive versions instead of downloading the
entire archive.