Our band chose the name "The Foggy Memory Boys" so we can get away with things
like forgotten lyrics and other screw-ups. It also excuses the use of stands.

Murph

----- Original Message -----
From: "The Holstein Kid" <st...@senatorgroup.com.au>
To: "Taterbugmando" <taterbugmando@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 2, 2009 4:58:00 AM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: To stand, or not??

Thought I might throw this out there. The new group I’m in is having a
little trouble remembering lyrics to our tunes at this stage, and
we’ve got a performance on Sat night. Because we’re only doing up to
six tunes, I suggested we shouldn’t have a music stand in sight. I
think it looks more professional not to have a stand and you should
know your music. Right or not so?

Perhaps if we were doing several sets it might be a different story. I
noticed a photo of EC and Co. on his recent tour with music stands on
stage. It’s obviously acceptable to do this and I wonder if that was
for a full show which is what it looked like.

Any opinion or rule of thumb you guys go by?

HK