Got to see Tater twice, once at Stevenson, Wa. and once at Ken Cartwright's
shop with some bald guitar player.
Wrote (made up) a new tune while at Stevenson at 0530 sitting on the banks of
the Columbia River, looking at the Bridge of the Gods. I'm calling it
"Bonaparte Crossing the Bridge of the Gods" (thanks Pete) I've started making
my second mandolin an F-5 kit for my son for Christmas. Maybe he will give me
back my Givens A-3 that he stole from me last year. The Givens is my favorite
couch mandolin and not having it has seriously affected my couch practice time.
Got to play at a festival with my son and Bill Jolliff (famous for being Jake's
Dad) sitting in for our regular banjo and guitar players. We put together 4
sets on the spot with no repeats and even the promoter thought we sounded just
like a Bluegrass Band. Have discovered some of the down sides to being over 60,
you the "the" diseases. "The bursitis", "The Siatica", "The Asthma", getting
old is not for sissies.

Clyde Clevenger
Just My Opinion, But It's Right
Salem, Oregon