Monday, November 01, 1999

Hello Graham,

Monday, Monday, November 01, 1999, you wrote:

Graham> Hello

Graham>  Attaching a large .RTF file  (15Mb) by accident. (I clicked on the
Graham>  wrong file) I got an out of memory error after about 5 mins! TB! was
Graham>  using 190Mb RAM (256Mb RAM on the machine).

Graham>  Am I right in assuming that TB! doesn't use virtual memory?
There was a discussion about the same kind of problem on the users
group.
Oddly enough I normally attach by dragging files to the editing email
and I had no problem dragging 20-30 mb files into an email  (BUT I
also had no problem using the menus ) while others who ran out of
memory via the menu didnt have a problem when dragging...

I use 98 second release and have experienced slow downs / freezing
indicating I think somewhere a memory leak in either the BAT, 98 or
both..

My system has 256 mb ram, celeron 300A running 450.

However you say TB was using 190MB ram... Where did you see that??
Graham> regards,
Graham>  Graham                  
Graham> Using The Bat! 1.36
Graham> under Windows NT 4.0 
Graham> (Build 1381, Service Pack 3)




Best regards,
 
tracer

Using theBAT 1.36 

mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
NOTE: 1 MAILRUN PER DAY ONLY



-- 
--------------------------------------------------------------
View the TBBETA archive at http://tbbeta.thebat.dutaint.com
To send a message to the list moderation team click HERE:
   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To Unsubscribe from TBBETA, click HERE:
   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--------------------------------------------------------------


Reply via email to