Hello Keith Russell,

Responding  to your article on Wednesday, March 22, 2000 at 09:56:23 GMT
-0700 (which was 23/03/2000 23:56 GMT +0700 my Local Time) :

KR> After reading on the beta list that the serious problems had finally
KR> been  solved, I decided yesterday to finally upgrade my version 1.41
KR> TB  to  1.42 Beta 5. I have a LOT of messages. A while ago, based on
KR> the  suggestions  on  the  TB  mailing  list,  I created and Archive
KR> account and copied many of my messages there, but have unfortunately
KR> gotten behind, and my main account has far too many messages.

KR> In any case--I did back up my messages, but only the MAIL folder, to
KR> save space. I downloaded the beta and executed it; it hung while
KR> converting folder 44 of 114. I tried again, with the same result.

KR> This  morning,  I  freed  up  some  more  space on the hard disk and
KR> downloaded  the  beta again. When I ran it, I got the same result as
KR> before: hanging in folder 44.

As  my  experience in the past, before I move The Bat! from one Computer
to another, at first I change setting of file attachment from "separate"
to  "message bodies", then after exit, start and exit again I'm ready to
go to 1.42 beta.

Try it, perhaps some of your attachment making problem in conversion.

KR> Could this be a virtual memory problem?

It might be, in NT we can check this more details, dunno on Win9x.

- Syafril -

Name    : Syafril Hermansyah     | Company : Duta Integrasi Pratama
Mailto  : <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>| Voice   : (62) (21) 385-1600
URL     : <www.dutaint.co.id>    | FAX     : (62) (21) 351-9241

Using The Bat! 1.42 Beta/5
under Windows NT 5.0 Build 2195

Created : Thursday, March 23, 2000, 8:54:05 GMT +0700