Hello Andreas,

On  Saturday, April 22, 2000  at  11:11:57 GMT +0200 (which was 2:11 AM
where I live) [EMAIL PROTECTED] typed:

> Hi,

> I  am  fairly  new  to  The Bat so I don't know if maybe this is already
> possible as I might not have yet discovered it:

> When  I  am  reading  a message, I would like to have the possibility to
> switch  to  the  next UNREAD message by just pressing a key. Like typing
> "N" in Netscape Messenger.

 With the message list pane in focus hit CTRL-]
 The limitation with that combination is that it is only valid within
 the particular folder.  So when there are no new messages in the
 current folder, that keystroke won't do anything.

 Also, if you have the preview pane in focus, CTRL-] does nothing.
 I'm not sure why the focus matters for this particular shortcut, but
 it does.

> A key macro like that would be a good idea!

 This key already exists.  But the long standing wish is that its
 functionality be increased.

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal