Hi there!

On 28 Apr 00, at 11:50, Gary wrote
    about "Re[2]: attachments sent as octet stream again":

> >> It seems that anytime I send an attachment now, it is sent as octet,
> >> even this exe file.  I have not tried this with Beta 20 though.
>
> >> Anyone have any thoughts, comments, or suggestions?
>
> S> That's an example of MIME-Encapsulation and base64 encoding.  It's one
> S> of those Good Things (tm). :-)
>
> The recipient does not get an attachment, although I send it as an
> attachment, but his email is filled with octet in the message body, as
> above. This has been happening a lot with my attachments to various
> people.

What e-mail clients are these people using? There still exist many MUAs that
do not deal with MIME properly;-(

Another thing: if you think it's TB responsible for these problems, will you be
so kind as to send here a _full_ example (together with the headers) of the
problematic message? Better yet, ask one of your correspondents to send
you the offending message back _without_editing_ (i.e. resend or bounce
feature, in Pegasus it's called "forward w/o editing", for example).

Finally, as for your question on octet-streams, this is no problem. Executables
are _usually_ sent using octet/stream content-types, although not always. In
fact, content-type doesn't really matter since the only thing that _does_ is the
content-transfer-encoding thing. In your case it's obviously base64, which's
okay as far as I can see.

--
SY, Alex
(St.Petersburg, Russia)

---
PGP public keys on keyservers:
0xA2194BF9 (RSA);   0x214135A2 (DH/DSS)
fingerprints:
F222 4AEF EC9F 5FA6  7515 910A 2429 9CB1 (RSA)
A677 81C9 48CF 16D1 B589  9D33 E7D5 675F 2141 35A2 (DH/DSS)
---