Hello Chris,

On  Wednesday, May 31, 2000  at  20:14:36 GMT +0100 (which was 12:14 PM
where I live) [EMAIL PROTECTED] typed:

> Can I alter the English language spell checker to automatically
> coorect lower case i to upper case I ? It is a bad habit I have not
> pressing the shift key hard enough to always capitalize the letter i,
> and an auto correct of the single letter would be neat.

 Un/fortunately no.  TB's editor has an option for autocorrect, but
 what that does is underline the misspelt word with a square wave
 instead of the triangular wave.  Then you can just double right click
 on the word to fix it.

 So it doesn't do what you suggested exactly, but it is kind of
 convenient.  For example, I have some common contractions in my
 autocorrect list.  Usually, I like to expand 'btw' into 'by the way'
 but not always (like right now).  So I don't have to fight with the
 editor to get things to be the way I intend.  This is a mixed
 blessing, so it's hard to have strong feelings on this one.

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal

 Using The Bat! 1.44
 under Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222  A

How many <ethnics> does it take to change a lightbulb?
     One.
     And you think <ethnics> are stupid?